Army/Navy Vollebyall
Before you do anything else: re-bookmark this page, as I have changed the blog title (though not the web address, obviously).
Now: my roommate, Dan, is on the volleyball team; I went to watch them play Navy this afternoon. And learned, among other things, that Navy is good (Navy won the first game, Army the second, and then Navy won the tiebreak match 16-14), and that indoor action photography is extremely hard. Part of it was my timing on the shutter release, part of it was trying to frame zoomed-in shots while following the action (which involves alot of fakes and misdirection in volleyball), and part is just the dim indoor lighting. But here is the best of what I got:
1. Dan, #16, about to spike it over the Navy defender
2. Bill Corson, # 4, elevating for a spike.
Now: my roommate, Dan, is on the volleyball team; I went to watch them play Navy this afternoon. And learned, among other things, that Navy is good (Navy won the first game, Army the second, and then Navy won the tiebreak match 16-14), and that indoor action photography is extremely hard. Part of it was my timing on the shutter release, part of it was trying to frame zoomed-in shots while following the action (which involves alot of fakes and misdirection in volleyball), and part is just the dim indoor lighting. But here is the best of what I got:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home